On 15-Aug-2016 08:51 -0500, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
In my case, the site I am currently using, 198.60.73.8
ntp-nist.ldsbc.net may not be the best available, since they are
currently down.

Presumably a physically /closer/ site would be a better choice as well.

I need to change and pick a site that has better up time.

Per Kevin's reference, rather than just "pick _a_ site", consider selection from the pool provided by [http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/us] to pick just one, or even better, and add more than one Remote System (RMTSYS) for the time service so a backup or two exist in the event the first fails.

Of possible interest, issue the following command read the help text for the presented parameter; a snippet of which is included further below:

CHGNTPA ??RMTSYS()

" Remote system (RMTSYS) - Help

Specifies one or more remote systems to which the SNTP client can connect for the time service. The first parameter value in the list that can provide valid time service will be selected. When the selected time server fails, a new time server will be selected. …

A list of public time servers is maintained on the Internet. You can use a search engine with a query of "NTP servers", or refer to the resources in the SNTP topic in the Information Center. The time server should be selected based on minimum network response time delay at the location where the system is installed. …
…"

I would consider trying one of the following Change Network Time Protocol Attributes [aka Change SNTP Attributes] (CHGNTPA) command invocations, perhaps only after verifying availability statistics; each would remove that problematic server as a choice and would choose closer or otherwise more varied servers for a primary and backups:

CHGNTPA RMTSYS('129.6.15.30' /* MD.US */
'64.113.32.5' /* MI.US */
'128.138.140.44' /* CO.US */ )

CHGNTPA RMTSYS('0.us.pool.ntp.org' /* of a pool in USA */
'129.6.15.30' /* MD.US */
'64.113.32.5' /* MI.US */
) /* requires DNS to resolve first entry */

CHGNTPA RMTSYS('ntp1.cmc.ec.gc.ca' /* QC,CA */
'0.us.pool.ntp.org' /* of a pool in USA */
'129.6.15.30' /* MD.US */
) /* requires DNS to resolve first 2 entries */