On 08-Aug-2016 11:36 -0500, Charles Wilt wrote:
one additional possibility..

count the number of each date:

select date_column_name, count(*)
from table-reference
group by date_column_name

I figured that was quite possibly, even probably, the desired query. But I purposely chose not to offer that query in my first reply; that if I had correctly intuited [the intention of] the scenario so vaguely described in the OP, then having provided the most likely as-desired resolution might encourage Pavlovian behavior. Better IMO, to avoid immediately rewarding poorly-described issues with a probably-desirable response, and instead suggesting\alluding the OP might actually extend some effort to better describe the issue; delaying the reward [being the presumed-likely desirable SELECT query] pending receipt of a good\improved problem description -- or perhaps upon clarification, some entirely different SELECT query as the response.