On 26-Jul-2016 14:06 -0500, Darryl Freinkel wrote:
Has anyone experienced this annoying feature?

My profile and colleagues constantly have our profiles disabled on
the IFS requiring us to enable it a few times per day.

Does anyone know what is storing the password in Windows 7, in this
instance, and how would I fix this feature?

If instead of actual *DISABLED set for the status (STATUS) of the user profile, the condition is as diagnosed by msg CPIB682 "User profile &1 disabled for IBM i Support for Windows Network Neighborhood access.", then per chance the users have mapped drives from the Win client, but with mismatched passwords betwixt client and server?

[https://www.google.com/search?q=%22mapped+drive%22+%22disabled%22+%22user+profile%22+OR+%22usrprf%22+site%3Aarchive.midrange.com]

[http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201407/msg00298.html]
• Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] RE: [Bulk] RE: [Bulk] Netserver profile being disable after IPL and/or password change - CPIB682
[http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1010645]
This is a nice document that shows how to use the "watch" capabilities introduced in V5R4 to watch for the message that says a NetServer user was disabled, and automatically re-enable it."

[http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201410/msg00029.html]
• Subject: RE: CPIB682 - Message . . . . : User profile XXXXXX disabled for IBM i Support for Windows Network Neighborhood access.
"PC and AS/400 user and passwords do NOT match.
User changed their password yesterday.
Virus scanner was the 2:00 am process that resulted in a reconnect / failure.
User did have to change their password again, and reboot the PC to get the mapped drive to work."

Netserver user profile gets disabled

[http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200106/msg01642.html]
• Subject: RE: Netserver user profile gets disabled
"≥ 1) What disables my Netserver ID?
≥ 2) Where can I find out why that happens?

This is usually caused when a user PC/Network password is different from their AS/400 password and they attempt to access a mapped drive located on the AS/400.

You can see when this happens by scanning for message CPIB682 in the history log:

DSPLOG MSGID(CPIB682)"