Yes. I am running two EMC Data Domain 2500's.
I have one in our Garrett office along with two Power 8's running a total
of 10 lpars of IBM i, one of AIX and four of vios.
I have another in our Kendallville office with one Power 8 running 5 lpars
of IBM i, one of AIX and two of vios.
They are known as two separate media libraries. They replicate their
'tapes' between them.
I have:
- done simple backups and restores
- done a bare metal restore
- done a save in one location, "moved" the tape to the other library, and
restored it in the other city on a different lpar.
- switched from single drive saves to multiple drive saves
- given Iron Mountain 30 days notice of ending their service.
Using BRMS for all IBM i stuff.

The AIX is using TSM to backup other servers and clients and switched from
a tape methodology to disk.

We came from a 3576 with two expansions and 10 drives in Kendallville and
a 3573 with four drives in Garrett. All LTO4.

The only concern is that DUPMEDBRM of our archive tapes to VTL frequently
blows up when going on to a second tape. Our workaround is to make the
tape size 4TB.
NOTE: When you create tapes it does not preallocate the 'size' of the
tape. Therefore when you create 100 1.5TB tapes you are not automatically
using 1500TB.
The dedup compression is quite impressive.

We configured the VTL as LTO5. The speed of it blows the doors off of
physical tape.

Our two locations are only 17 miles apart. Therefore we decided to
replicate to a third location in Grand Rapids MI hosted by US Signal. To
get data off of that would be in one serious disaster only and it's one of
those things I would need assistance on.