Interestingly, page 4 of "External Procedures, Triggers, and User-Defined
Functions on IBM DB2 for i" shows:

Fourth Edition (April 2016)
This edition applies to V5R1, V5R2, and V5R3 of IBM OS/400 and V5R4 of IBM
i5/OS, Program Number 5722-SS1.

Nothing new since V5R4?

Also, Dieter Bender posted the following comment for "SQL Procedures,
Triggers, and Functions on IBM DB2 for i":
very poor!
example Direct SQLSTATE and SQLCODE usage is not correct and misleading.
After posting this internal, I didn't get an answer and the book was
published.
Most examples are not transaction safe.