What specifically are you trying to accomplish ?

I'm going to guess you want to read data from the PDF and process it.

If that's the case you might consider taking a look at AutoMate from HelpSystems.

You can write a task to read PDF contents and drop to a physical file or IFS file for processing in 5-10 lines of task scripting.

Download a free demo and check it out:
http://www.helpsystems.com/automate

Your other option might be to learn a little Java and check out iText perhaps.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Regards,

Richard Schoen | Director of Document Management Technologies, HelpSystems
T: + 1 952-486-6802
RJS Software Systems | A Division of HelpSystems
richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.rjssoftware.com
Visit me on: Twitter | LinkedIn

Join us at ShiftIT, our 2016 user conference (June 20-23) >

message: 1
date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 17:06:51 +0000
from: Joe Wells <jwells@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Decrypt FlateDecode PDF from RPG (or the i)

It has been a long time since I last posted......hopefully this is the right forum for this question.....

I have a PDF file that has been encoded using FlateDecode. Has anyone ever decrypted a PDF like this from RPG (or the i in general)?

Thanks,

Joe