There's a lot to IBM i type objects.

This isn't unique to native IBM i things. Any time production changes are
done outside of an automated process, well, there are going to be problems
and man hours spent.

Tyranny Of The Urgent usually wins in the short term. It's getting those
urgent changes back into the automated deployment that makes all the
difference.

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i