While there are PTFs associated with EVI's along the way there are no
specific ones needed for create. That was added to the OS awhile back. You
don't indicate what PTF/TR level your V7R1 system is at.

I think what you're trying to do is create a hybrid EVI and View with a
group by at the same time. My guess is that is not supported. First
create the EVI then create your view. The view would utilize the EVI if
the optimizer thinks it will help.

Is this an index you're trying to create proactively or is it one the
adviser is calling out?

---
Jim Oberholtzer.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Englander, Douglas <