Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and ideas. I guess I need to update myself and try to look more system wide.

At this time, we still create files with DDS so the default is 10K/3K/3 reuse(*no). I have a big project coming up where I'm supposed to create the SQL information to create a schema of tables, without referencing if it will create on Series I or on Sequel Server. I am trying to push my C# coworkers into understanding that we have a great data base server, and they should come over to it instead of Sequel. All the stuff they are writing has to interface with two large packages that reside on Series I.

I will look into the systables and try to manage everything better. I understand the nomax for transaction files, I do not like it on a file that has 1 to 10 records and will never grow (like a 50 state table).

Thanks for the thoughts.

Cyndi B.
Boise, ID