Hi Justin

To clarify - a label is not a term we normally use for anything in the database on TBM i, and I think there's some confusion about that, since SQL has the LABEL ON statement to do different things.

The TABLE_TEXT field is the text description of a table - that one is a 50-character value that you would see in WRKOBJ FOO/*ALL *FILE

If it makes sense, I suggest forgetting the term "label" - I know it's in the long name, but note that the long name starts with TABLE_TEXT - so it is a TEXT label - or, in other words, a TEXT description. Of course, maybe I should get used to using "label" more - would have to see if that's more common in the general database community.

Note also that it is 50 long - and if your system has its QCCSID set to 37, you should not need to do the CAST, either.

Try adding, just for fun, another condition in the WHERE -

and table_text <> ''

I ran your SELECT over a library, and there was text in TABLE_TEXT - but not for all the objects.

I also ran it in the new Run Sql Scripts in Access Client Solutions, and the text descriptions were there.

I don't think green screen or run sql scripts or anything else will matter. It's all SQL.

Are the LABEL ON statements generated for the table, or for the columns IN the table? Just a random thought.

HTH
Vern