Evan,
Check out the Redbook “IBM i and IBM Storwize Family: A Practical Guide to Usage Scenarios”

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg248197.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Harris
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:59 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Disk Mirroring

Hi Larry

they report as 2145-050 but for some reason the i does not seem to
recognise that they are protected (I kind of thought the 050 signalled
this....)

Do you have any advice as to what commands we should be using on the V7k to
create the LUNs or to customise them after they are created and before we
use them in the i ?