The backup tapes are off site, so that data is already gone. :-) :-)

In the case that started this whole mess the customer specified this in their RFQ. Sadly the group that took the order is in CT and we're over here in MI getting these requirements waaaaay after the fact. First was the data on disk had to be encrypted. We pulled that off with a small ASP that we encrypted. Easy and relatively painless. Now we're finding out about the disk erasure as well. Nobody has asked about encrypted backup tapes and we aren't bringing that up. :-) :-)

In the end it's our contention that the 'salesman' needs to eat all this cost because they promised it to the customer without getting costs to provide it from I.T.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com