Justin:

Regarding IBM i Access Client Solutions and licensing on the IBM i host for
it, you cannot buy the Licensed Program Product directly from IBM, you'll
have to go through your business partner, although almost 100% of the
systems I've dealt with have access licensing on them.

Keep in mind there is no charge for the Access Solutions client itself, you
may download and distribute that software within your enterprise at will.
The licensing is on the host server.

Before you contact the business partner check the following:

Is 5770XW1 loaded on your system now (that's the software that does the
licensing for Access)

WRKLICINF. Scroll down to 5770XW1 and put a 5 on it. If it has usage
limit *NOMAX (most do but it might be a number) that's licensed. F12
Put a 5 in front of "5770XW1 V7R1M0 5101 IBM i Access Enablement
Support". Scroll down one and if it shows Expiration Date *NONE your system
is properly licensed.

To obtain the Access Client Software you must download it from ESS first, in
order to accept the license agreements. After that you can download it
directly from the Access web pages without ESS. There are point by point
instructions on the Access Web site to accomplish that action (which is a
PITA but needed for the software license)

You may not have needed the detailed instructions but others that visit the
list and archives sometimes do....

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect