Thanks Chuck!

Please don't take my teasing personally!

I provided all of the information at hand in the original post. There was nothing except the SQL0904 error listed in the joblog. I hear what you are saying concerning the potential differences in the presentation of the joblog data from the print screen to the printed version...so I reran it this morning...a portion of the printed version is below. The SQL7948 is from an earlier SET statement that is grabbing the current time and assigning it to an RPG variable. (exec sql set :CurrentTime = Current_Timestamp;) which is successful. There do not appear to be any previous, pertinent messages.

:
:
SQL7948 Completion 00 04/17/15 07:38:41.846478 QSQROUTE QSYS *STMT QSQROUTE QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QSQROUTE
From procedure . . . . . . : NORMEXIT
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 23998
To module . . . . . . . . . : QSQROUTE
To procedure . . . . . . . : NORMEXIT
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 23998
Message . . . . : SET statement complete.
Cause . . . . . : The variable was successfully set.
SQL0904 Diagnostic 30 04/17/15 07:38:49.714266 QSQROUTE QSYS *STMT QSQROUTE QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QSQROUTE
From procedure . . . . . . : NORMEXIT
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 23998
To module . . . . . . . . . : QSQROUTE
To procedure . . . . . . . : NORMEXIT
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 23998
Message . . . . : Resource limit exceeded.
Cause . . . . . : Resource limit type 18 exceeded with reason code
1088611284. A list of the limit types follows: -- Type 1 indicates that the
user profile storage limit or the machine storage limit was exceeded. --
Type 2 indicates that the machine lock limit was exceeded. -- Type 3
indicates that the query resource limit was exceeded. For more information
:
:

The remote_machine is properly defined.

Steve Needles