Alan,

If you prompt the CHGSMTPA command you'll see that there should be a value
for the Mail Router and Firewall.

Mail Router should contain a value and Firewall should be *YES (and if
you're on V6R1 or higher the Forwarding Mail Hub Server should have a
value, possibly the same as Mail Router)

If Mail Router is set, and Firewall is *Yes, contact the admin of the
machine specified on Mail Router. Ask them if they see the connection
being made from your Machine, and if so, why it's ignored when sending to
local addresses.

This is very high level, but Email on the IBM i is one of those things that
if it works, people don't care how (even if it's wrong), but if it doesn't,
they're wondering why.

Here's an article I wrote on this.. and it's not to sell anything. But,
you're more than welcome to use our software for free to diagnose things:
http://fieldexit.com/forum/display?threadid=140

I'm always willing to help with issues like this as well offline.

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Alan Cassidy <ACassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>