I would guess that you had a SELECT statement that used DESC - if the columns listed could be dates or times and you want to see most recent, this could happen.

Strictly speaking, the optimizer can use an ASC key to return rows in DESC order pretty efficiently - just start at the end and go backwards. Like SETGT and READPE using an ASCending key LF.

Vern