Gary,

We've had our utilities to do this for over 15 years now (and still run on
V5R2 or later).

With a combination of SPLTOOL, MAILTOOL and OUTQTRG you can set up a
"trigger" on an output queue.

You can set up different "triggers" depending on a host of things such as
file name, user name, user data, etc.

When a trigger is matched, the associated command or program is run. In
your case, you could call a SPL2EMAIL command that would both convert a
spooled file to PDF and email it in one step.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for those who aren't up to date on OS
releases.

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx>