Re: SQL example command and syntax for search/replace of a string within a field

fixed

In SQL it's the replace function -

update yourfile set yourfield = REPLACE ( yourfield , search-string , replace-string )

But your example doesn't look as if it's looking to replace a substring of the field, it's replacing the whole thing.

What have I missed?

HTH
Vern