I had to read between the lines on your last email. Let me try some
translating from English.
By "prod and test parts" I'll assume you meant production and test
If you got a file not found message on group_ptf_info then you probably
are behind the 8 ball on ptf groups and should upgrade. In that case you
will have to fall back to Buck's suggestion.
However, Buck was suggesting that you get out of sql and get to an IBM i
5250 command line. From that command line enter
He was not suggesting that you try: select * from wrkptfgrp
If the IBM i 5250 command line is totally foreign to you, or, you are
forbidden from accessing the command line except for the most rudimentary
commands, as in 'limited capabilities, yes', then you could try IBM
Navigator for System i, either the fat client or the 2001 port browser
client. There's a way to look up PTF information there.