Re: Restore from LPAR1 to LPAR2

fixed

On 11-Aug-2014 18:58 -0500, Gary Thompson wrote:
<<SNIP>>
The error message <ed: CPF3283 "Saved file or member level ID not
same as file &1."> makes more sense to me now.
Maybe some change to the message text could be made

Somebody with a support contract would need to make any suggested changes.

to emphasize the relationship of >this< Level Identifier to save
date of the media ?
(Not entirely sure I stated the relationship as you explained)

To be sure, there is no relation to the /save date of the media/; I suppose one could argue a potential tangential relationship, but that would be moot. The relationship is between the Level Identifier of the object on disk, and the Level Identifier of the object [of the same file object <and mbr> name] on the media.

I am unsure how I might better compose the message text to clarify that aspect; I might offer more robust and less detrimental recovery options or include mention again of the "file level identifier (ID)" to be clear the condition could arise from either. The text from v5r3 is:

Message: Saved file or member level ID not same as file &1.
Cause: The restore operation of file &1 in library &2 was
not done because the member level identifier (ID) for the
file that presently exists on the system is not the same
as the member level ID for the file on the save media.
If the level identifier that is not the same is for a
specific member, the member name is &3.
Recovery: Either delete the existing file (DLTF command),
or remove the member (RMVM command). Then try the restore
request again.