For very simple XML you can do something like:

from ...

If you xml is more complex you will have to read the manual. DB2/400 for
i has a great support for XML.
On 08/11/2014 09:37 AM, Bryan Dietz wrote:
No mention of whether you are looking for native IBM i solution, but I
have used "TransferToXML.exe here:

It includes the VB source, good learning tool.