Re: Scaning field JSLIBL from QAUDJRN outfile QASYJSJ5

fixed

On 16-Jul-2014 20:02 -0500, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:

<<SNIP>>

I changed the SQL slightly, to run in batch, via AJS.

Cause . . . . . : Command to execute is:
RUNSQL REQUEST('select * from qgpl/QASYJSJ5
where locate (''ARPINS2'',JSLIBL ) <> 0') OUTPUT(*PRINT).

But now I got 33 1 line spoolfiles (see below), not the expected
result.

Any suggestions for batch.

<<SNIP QMQRY report>>

The QMQRY spool output to QPQXPRTF is implemented as side-by-side, and a full report is generated even for zero records. Change the asterisk as column-list to some columns of interest, for which the default form [default *QMFORM] will not produce multiple SPLF, and the effect of a no-records result-set report will be more conspicuous.

There is no /easy/ way to cause the QM Query to fail for zero rows, although I recall discussing possible attempts at effecting a failure in such cases; on an\the Italian AS400 USENET group.