We are currently using a document management system (Webdocs) that stores docs on the iseries IFS.

We have 15 million docs spread across 50 folders. It takes over 24 hours to back up the IFS onto tape on v5r4.

Is there a faster method to backup IFS to tape on the iseries?

Will v7r1 provide a faster backup product or service?

We need a method that will allow individual restores of objects, so SAVSTG probably wouldn't help.

Any other ideas to speed up the backup?

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.