RE: compiling CLP with RUNSQL statement to previous release V6R1

fixed

Yes, as others have stated, IBM doesn't put midrelease commands into
QSYSVprev...
Do a WRKLIB QSYSV*
QSYSV5R4M0
QSYSV6R1M0

Secondly,
<snip>
If I tried running IBM's version of RUNSQL, from our apps, will something
probably fail?
</snip>

Well, suppose you had a command called CRTDUPOBJ and instead of OBJ you
had FROMOBJ. So all over your code you would have something like
CRTDUPOBJ FROMOBJ(...) ...
Now let's say IBM comes out with a new command called CRTDUPOBJ. You put
this IBM version in and the first thing you are going to see is:
CPD0043 - Keyword FROMOBJ not valid for this command.

So, unless your existing RUNSQL successfully handles
- the parameter naming,
- the allowed statement types, like no SELECT,
- and handles commitment control right,
Then yeah, something will probably fail.

Not fair mentioning CPYTOIMPF - that qualifies as 'baiting the bear'.