CRTDUPOBJ production PF files
CRTDUPOBJ production LF files
rename PF files appending year

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Gqcy <gmufasa01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

we have processes that will make copies of the production files into a
frozen library, and we append year on the end of the physical file name...
the logical files in this frozen library kept their production name, they
just pointed over the physical with the appended year...

our process _had_ been to:
1) copy the production physical to frozen library, appending year.
2) delete all logicals over the previous years physical.
3) go into the DDS of the logicals and change the PFILE to the new physical
4) re-compile the logicals

"somehow".... this close we got away with NOT updating the DDS or
re-creating the logicals, but they are pointing at the new physical...
(the person that ran the close procedure doesn't remember how they did

I don't see how you can "change" a logical file, to point at a different
physical, but it does indeed appear to have happened...