I'm getting some errors I just can't figure out. I'm on V7R1M0 and using the latest jtopen (8.2). Last night I changed the database file and now I get this:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 18013 at com.ibm.as400.access.BinaryConverter.checkArgs(BinaryConverter.java:532) at com.ibm.as400.access.BinaryConverter.byteArrayToUnsignedShort(BinaryConverter.java:267) at com.ibm.as400.access.JDServerRow.setRowIndex(JDServerRow.java:377) at com.ibm.as400.access.JDServerRowCache.next(JDServerRowCache.java:822) at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCResultSet.next(AS400JDBCResultSet.java:1848) at com.eaerich.base.CompanyFactory.getCompanies(CompanyFactory.java:205)

I've checked line 205 of my CompanyFactory class and it is simply doing ResultSet.next(), so I don't think my code is in error. I do seem to remember something about the OS keeping copies of files to speed up JDBC queries and those copies sometimes not being refreshed when the underlying file is replaced, but I can't find anything like that now. Any suggestions?

James Rich

if you want to understand why that is, there are many good books on
the design of operating systems. please pass them along to redmond
when you're done reading them :)
- Paul Davis on ardour-dev