You could try the LOCATE function in the WHERE-clause

Carel Teijgeler

On 17-6-2014 15:18, Alan Shore wrote:
Hi everyone
Before I forget - we are on V5r4

For order settlements, we use a web service with XML
Each transmission (XML request and XML receipt) is stored in a file

My question is (hopefully it makes sense)
Using SQL - how can I display (via SQL) the data between XML tags (including the tags)
For example - if I supplied the XML tags of for the XML RESPONSE
<range> and </range>

I would want the following displayed

For all the records
Hope this makes sense
I am having trouble trying to think where to start

As always - all answers gratefully appreciated

Alan Shore
E-mail : ASHORE@xxxxxxxx
Phone [O] : (631) 200-5019
Phone [C] : (631) 880-8640
'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
Winston Churchill

Disclaimer: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.