The AIX binaries of Git can be run in the PASE environment of the IBM i...

However, I'd highly recommend using the Eclipse based RPG/CL/DDS editor
known as Rational Developer for i (RDi)

You can then use a standard Git plug-in for eclipse in place of or in
addition to having Git on the IBM i itself.

Note that both the IBM i and RDi support the use of stream files for RPGLE
and SQL DDL source, but not CL or DDS. There is an existing wrapper that
could help get around this.

Also, IBM's product Rational Team Concert (RTC) is available.

Note that while RTC is free for 10 developers or less, that's basically
only for Java development. The IBM i bits that support RPG/CL development
are only in the paid version.

Having said all that, I should point out that the various native IBM
i change management products from Aldon, ARCAD, Softlanding and MKS provide
not just version control / source archival but
automated intelligent deployment including rebuilding tables or automatic
ALTER table statements and dependency recompiles if needed; along with
automated rollbacks if something goes wrong.

Lastly note that ARCAD at least seems to have a plug in to RTC

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM, King Harrison IV via MIDRANGE-L <