You were just testing the CE :)

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 12:48 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Power7 SRC10001510 followed by SRC10001512, power supply failure?

All LPARS called home this morning, SRC10001510 followed by SRC10001512.
SRC10001512 was indicating a bad power supply in one of my 5877 PCI drawers.

Once the CE was on site, and started the HMC FRU wizard, first step was to un plug power from the failing power supply.

Well, the plug was already unplugged.
Power supply was not bad.
Embarrassing

A maintenance crew accidently dislodged the plug when installing a new rack directly next to the i5 rack.
I wish I would have taken a closer look, but with all the cables in a small area, I'm not sure I would have seen it.

This thread ...