The Work Management manual has a chapter on autostart jobs, including initiation and a diagram of what happens.

I looked at autostart job entry info - there is no mention of job queues.

Short answer - they are not submitted through the jobq. This is confirmed in the manual - which is hard to find these days!!

It is worth a look at the manual - it's probably available in InfoCenter under PDF manuals.

The 7.1 InfoCenter article on autostart jobs (under system management, work management, jobs, etc. somewhere) doesn't have the example diagram - another example of losing good information in more current documentation. Sigh!

So far as I can tell, the last true work management manual is from V4R4 - here's a link from the V4R5 online resources site -

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/as400/V4R4PDF/QB3ALG03.PDF

Chapter 9 is autostart jobs.

Enjoy!

Vern