From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 3:48 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: CLP pgm with 2 paramters intermittently getting garbage when
calledfrom AJS

I have a CLP program that I call from AJS (Advanced Job Scheduler)
Intermittently, the 2nd parameter is getting garbage characters at the
end, shown via dump of CLP pgm.
In the CLP program, parm 1 length defined as 15, parm 2 length defined
as 41.
The lengths being passed from AJS are less, 12 and 33.

Program . . . . . . . . . . . . > ICAPICMD Name
Library . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Parameters . . . . . . . . . . . > '10.5.173.152'

+ for more values > 'sudo /sbin/service jboss-as start'

From the CLP dump
&CMD *CHAR 41 'sudo /sbin/service
jboss-as start E seque'

The "E seque" is the garbage, causing the CLP to fail.

Is this an AJS parameter issue?

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz