Are they just going to encrypt or compress and encrypt?

If the latter, you might point them to 7zip.

As Scott has ported the PASE version to the i

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Jeff Young <jyoung0950@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a client that is presently sending files from another system (not i)
to the IFS in CSV format..
They are planning to encrypt the data prior to transmission and my program
will need to decrypt it before processing.

What encryption / decryption methods are available on the i to do this?
At this time, the client has not chosen an encryption method and they want
to ensure that the decryption process is available for the i.

At this time, they are not looking for a commercial solution, and I would
prefer a solution that could be used an ILE RPG program, or a system

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst