<snip>
If this program happens to be the 43rd program in a 96-program job
stream where 42 programs have already updated the database, and it
happens to be running at 2am on a Sunday...
</snip>

@Trevor: I would recommend to read some manuals about some very basic ILE concepts, that might help!!!
The very diffrence between a signature violation and an error at calling an imported procedure is, that the signature violation will occur at
A C T I V A T I O N T I M E and most of activation is done, when an activation group is created, long before any activity is starting.

D*B