RE: Security and SSD

fixed

True Sue. If I store my data encrypted but have an unsecured view that
decrypts the data upon fetching it, well, you may technically be able to
say yes my data is encrypted. Big whoopie.
But, in fairness to Matt, the discussion was about repurposing old drives.
Those do take a wander.

I think I would still scratch the data. I just can't help but feel that
there's some secret law that says decryption companies have to store the
decryption with the federal government or some such thing. And, while I'm
no doomsday prepper or whatever I do worry about some corrupt federal
official leaking these for some retirement cash.