I am working on an EDI 856 ASN project.

We're currently in pilot phase (delivering product to
a few, selected customers requiring ASN) and this
weekend had a problem where the service handing
ASN document transfers to our customers started
returning:

"Cannot connect to host 000.000.00.00 at address."
"Try again later."

(double quotes mine)

The ftp script in question has been running reliably the
past few weeks and had run successfully about 7:30 pm
yesterday, Sunday, Jan 26th.

At about 10:15 pm, we started "receiving" the cannot
connect message.

Our ASN document service is also looking into the issue,
but they don't yet see a cause for failed FTP connections.

Question: is there a fairly eash way to "catch" an FTP
"Cannot connect" message and then either continue
the transfer or "re-schedule" ?

My operations manager said he had recommended the
purchase of a "Managed FTP solution" but was turned-
down due to cost.