Re: Philosophical question...define table to be load from external data with integer or decimal fields...

fixed

Well it was going to be FTP into the IFS...

But that may change to an HTTP GET.

Regardless the data will be in a pipe delimited ASCII text file in the IFS.

I agree on the 5 digit idea, so that rules out small int. But not integer
or Packed/Zoned. So we are back to my original question :)

Charles