Re: Philosophical question...define table to be load from external data with integer or decimal fields...

fixed

So I've got
--Oracle
create table mytbl
(myfld1 number(5) not null
, myfld2 number(2) not null
, myfld3 number(10) not null
, myDate varchar2(10) null
<...>

--MS SQL Server
create table mytbl
(myfld1 integer not null
, myfld2 integer not null
, myfld3 integer not null
, mydate varchar(10) null
<...>

I would keep close to the datatypes of the originating tables and prefer ANSI SQL Types. So I would choose the MS SQL Layout and even keep the date as varchar(10)`.

D*B