Re: MSF Problem

fixed

Glen,

Regarding MSF, have you tried *RESET or *CLEAR?

Regards,

Luis

Sent from my Nexus 7 tablet. Please excuse my brevity.
On Jan 7, 2014 7:48 PM, "Glenn Gundermann" <ggundermann@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm at a client and don't have access to another system to compare. I
think something is amiss here because we have to STRMSF each Monday morning.

I would appreciate if you could see how this differs from your shop.

First, we're on 6.1.

QSYSWRK has an autostart job QZMFECOX, which does a STRMSF.

The joblog for QMSF says SMTP jobs not active and ends.

SMTP is configured to "Start when TCP/IP is started".

The controlling subsystem has an autostart job that does a STRTCP, which
would start SMTP.

The two autostart jobs start at almost the same time (only 1 second apart).

The timing is such that QMSF starts about 46 seconds before the STRTCP
runs so SMTP isn't running yet.

What to do to fix MSF?

Btw, they do not have anything set in QSTRUPPGM. It's set to *NONE.

As a second question, they have STRTCPSVR *ALL in the controlling
subsystem autostart job. This generates CPF3894 Cancel reply received for
message TCP1A15.
What is best to resolve this?:
- ADDRPYLE for TCP1A15 with RPY(G)
- use STRTCPSVR *AUTOSTART
- remove STRTCPSVR altogether since it's been cancelling and therefore not
being used

Thanks.

Glenn Gundermann
ggundermann@xxxxxx