From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:01 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: HMC network install of i5OS V7R1 from DSLO image, can't fine load source B2003110

Client side: First lets be clear that when the IBM i TCP/IP stack is down (such as dedicated system) you will NOT be able to ping the HOST from the Client. This is normal and expected. This is because IBM i has no direct access to the Service Tools IP interface. This is also why in the Device Description for OPTNET01 you specify *SRVLAN thus giving that device access to the Service Tools interface.

Host side: However you MUST be able to ping the Service Tools interface of the Client from the Host so there is an issue here.

Could be the VLAN is wrong. This may be an HMC config issue (seems unlikely in your case.) Could be the Service Tools interface is attached to the wrong CMNnn resource and thus is on the wrong VLAN. And of course it could be typoed, I hate typoes.

So you WILL need to correct this lack-o-ping problem before the OPTNET01 device will vary on correctly.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com