8mm tape - need to recover data

fixed

My client is looking to extract data from a series of 8mm tapes backed up
off of an iSeries/AS400/System I back in 2001 and earlier.

We have an iSeries 9406-520 running V5R4. Does anyone have an external tape
drive we could use/borrow/purchase that would be able to be attached to this
machine?

We do have an internal 8mm tape drive (P/N 16G8566) that came out of the
original machine and that was used to create the tapes we are trying to
read. I don't know how one would go about installing that into the 9406.

Paul