My P05 (8202-E4C - 720 4way with one core turned on for IBM i ) has way better response than that, although I will admit it needs to be faster.

We manage PowerHA, BRMS, and AJS via that interface and it works well, albeit a bit sluggish.

I'm finding a bit difference in WEB application performance between P6 and P7, since I have seen the same thing at customer locations as Jack is reporting.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 11/1/2013 10:18 AM, Jack Callahan wrote:
We have a System i 520 with 2gb memory. I would use the web navigator more
> often, but it is horrifically slow. When I click "Log in" it is literally
> 45-60 seconds until it comes up. Is that because we only have 2gb memory?

Ridiculously slow on our production server too. Single core Power6
8203-e4a, single partition, 16GB RAM, IBM i 7.1 TR6, fairly current on cum
PTFs.

Just timed it- 83 seconds from signon unitl welcome screen is completed. 71
seconds to expand Active Memory Pools in the navigation bar. No big
processor contention issues- system fairly idle.

I'd be tarred and feathered if my applications performed so poorly.

Maybe this stuff screams on big IBMi iron, but for those of us in the P05
processor group ( and isn't that most of the IBMi users server base), it is
barely usable. And even then only if you are very patient.

Considering setting up an i-on-i virtual partition, so I've been nosing
around Nav for i to get a feel for the configuration options and menus.
Good thing I have other tasks that occupy my attention while waiting.