RE: Time

fixed

Bruce,

This is really what I was getting at, not the database so much. (Though
thanks for the link, Roger.)

On our system (V5R1) the QCENTURY value is '1' (2000-2053); QDATE is
'09/21/13'. So, I guess this old boat anchor we have is one of those
releases to which you were referring.

Not that I expect to have the system running in 2053 (heck I don't expect to
be running then). Anyway, while the database can handle really far out
dates (look out for the Y10K problem, though), the System i internally
cannot.

To answer William's question: Yes, the link was about Unix Time.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Murphy works for Microsoft. In fact, he is in charge of their QA