I suggest you do a namefmt 1 in your script right away anyway. That way both the server and the client will be set to namefmt 1 and you should not have a problem.

It sound like the root cause of your problem is the server is at namefmt 1 when you do the directory change, but the client has not been put into that mode.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects