Followup:

IBM could offer no assistance, advising that they “never” delete views when applying PTFs. Further, they advised that there is no audit trail to begin an investigation because we do not journal deletions for these particular database objects.

I thought (hoped) that it was just a fluke but this past weekend we installed the current batch of group PTFs and it happened AGAIN: missing views! More this time than last time.

Last time, I was able to tell which views were missing by querying QSYS2.SYSTABLES...WHERE table_type = 'V' AND system_table <> 'Y'.

I think that it is strange that the views show up in SYSTABLES and yet don't really exist as objects.

We were able to re-create the views but it's just a hassle.

The one thing that these five views have in common is that they each utilize UNION with values based on SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1 (don't ask).

I see the need to start auditing on these objects, at least for deletions. Then, maybe I'll have something for IBM to begin an investigation.

I'm really surprised that no one else has experienced this issue.

Robert

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."--Tweedledee