As Larry pointed out the rules for SCSI and SAS are different since the controller cards are completely different.

I think in V6 and up with the right RAID cards you could go into SST and set the RAID configuration rules. From SST, Work with Disk Configuration, option 8 work with device parity protection and then Option 7 select parity optimization you were able to pick from 1) availability, 2) balance, 3) capacity, and 4) performance. Those options changed how the system would stripe the disk units.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects