AW: SQL - return "newest" row from joined files

fixed

I assume OTDTE is in both tables and all other fields are identical.
So you may merge both files with an UNION statement:

With x as (Select Col1, Col2, .... ColN, OTDTE
From Active
Union
Select Col1, Col2, ... ColN, Max(OTDTE) as OTDTE
From Closed
Group By Col1, Col2, .... ColN)
Select Col1, Col2, .... ColN, Max(OTDTE)
From x
Group By Col1, Col2, ... ColN

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser