Re: iSeries Navigator woes

fixed

IN MS Studio, you have to call up the filter to show tables according to
'SSA' but I find that this doesn't work so well. Most of the time, I end up
just scrolling.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/30/2013 1:46 PM, Gary Thompson wrote:
Hmm, sounds like a good lead, but I get lost . . .

I >think< I want to "Customize this view" at the Tables node under the
Schema
which has the Tables I am interested in, but I have yet to see a way to
do this
at any level below Schemas.

At Schemas in the Left Pane, I have a Databases tasks = "Select schemas
to display"
and this does open a window with pretty good filter options . . . alas
nothing
at a lower level has caught my eye . . .

Databases > Schemas > Tables
Right click Tables or press F11
On the General tab, select the radio button for 'Names that match'.
Under Condition, select 'Starts with'. Under Text, type the letters
that your file names begin with.

I'm on 7.1

As an aside, I'm not really a GUI person. I like that completely empty
green command line very much. Yet even I have managed to learn quite a
few things from reading Rob's posts on iNav, and if I can - anyone can!
:-) I've found a plethora of very cool actions by right clicking
pretty much anything and everything on the screen. I wish there was a
tutorial on this stuff, but in the absence of that, thank you Rob!
--buck