I would say if it's not available in the stat() API it's not there. But
you bring up a very good point...

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM, James H. H. Lampert <
jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In order to guard against damnfool admins doing a DLTUSRPRF with
OWNOBJOPT(*DLT) on former employees (thereby wiping out IFS objects they
created), our CRM product, when it creates IFS objects, attempts to
reassign ownership of them to the user's primary group profile.

But that leaves us high and dry in attempting to track down the origin
of defective IFS objects, since options 8 and 9 in WRKLNK show the
owner, but not the creator.

QSYS objects, of course, don't have that problem, since they have
separate OWNER and CREATOR attributes. Indeed, that's why, when we
create QSYS objects to be shipped, we have separate "creator" user
profiles, so that the objects we ship all have IBM-supplied user
profiles as OWNER, and some generic name like QVCREATOR or WTCREATOR as

Is there someplace where IFS objects keep track of a CREATOR, separately
from the OWNER? Someplace that doesn't show up in WRKLNK Options 8 and
9, but does show up someplace else?