From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Lampert
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 11:51 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Future Programmers - The future of IBM i

Raul A. Jager W. wrote:
Recently the Dean of Universidad Columbia asked me to plan a 4
semester class begining with structure and operation of the IBM i up
to basic RPG programming.
. . .
I need to choose the classes to teach, I'm open to sugestions. I will
like to put enfasis in newer systems, including the "Pure".

Well, don't neglect learning how to ride The Cycle. They may never need to write a classic Cycle program, with secondary files and level breaks and so forth, but The Cycle is good for a lot of other things.

--
JHHL