On 6/12/2013 3:20 PM, Monnier, Gary wrote:
A simple phrase...

PUT AN EXIT PROGRAM ON THE DDM/DRDA EXIT POINT!

I am probably missing something because I can't see how the exit point
is going to work. Won't all the DRDA requests be identical? The same
user (APACHE) and the same PRDID? I could allow / deny based on
library/file name but isn't that already handled by the authority of the
generic user profile the OP is using?

Not an argument - I value your opinion.
--buck

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Lehti
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:05 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: WHO is connecting via QRWTSRVR jobs and editing data?

Or stated more accurately . . .
When user BOB or TED or CAROL or ALICE edits IBM i records via our web portal, can I easily prove who the user is?

Our portal application, written in PHP, is hosted on a Windows server, and runs Apache.

The portal connects to our IBM i with QRWTSRVR jobs active in QUSRWRK subsystem, and runs under user profile APACHE which I created specifically for connections from that web server.
Is there a simple configuration so that:
1. when user BOB logs into our web portal, he runs a QRWTSRVR job under profile BOB 2. when user TED logs into our web portal, he runs a QRWTSRVR job under profile TED 3. when user CAROL logs into our web portal, she runs a QRWTSRVR job under profile CAROL 4. when user ALICE logs into our web portal, she runs a QRWTSRVR job under profile ALICE